[Haskell-cafe] ANN: wxInstall Achelanne and wxHaskell 0.92.2.0
Henk-Jan van Tuyl
hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Wed Dec 30 13:23:22 UTC 2015
I am happy to announce a new version of wxHaskell: 0.92.2.0 and new
installation packages for wxHaskell on Windows: wxInstall Achelanne 0.1
(32 bit and 64 bit)
Changes in wxHaskell since 0.92.1:
- Solved warnings for wxcore, wxdirect, wxc
- Added support for Pickerctrl, Hyperlinkctrl and some Streams in wxc and
- Solved several bugs
- Added some image Functions in wxc and wxcore
- Added enumerateFonts function in wxcore
- Updated wxBITMAP_TYPE_ constants
- Adapted to GHC 7.10.3
Thanks to everyone who contributed!
wxInstall Achelanne is created because GHC 7.10.3 for Windows is
accompanied with a newer GCC: 5.2.0. A detailed description can be found
at the wxHaskell-for-Windows homepage.
What is wxHaskell?
wxHaskell is a portable and native GUI library for Haskell. The goal of
the project is to provide an industrial strength GUI library for Haskell,
but without the burden of developing (and maintaining) one ourselves.
wxHaskell is therefore built on top of wxWidgets – a comprehensive C++
library that is portable across all major GUI platforms; including GTK,
Windows, X11, and MacOS X. Furthermore, it is a mature library (in
development since 1992) that supports a wide range of widgets with the
See the homepage of wxHaskell for more information:
The packages are:
- wxc https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wxc
- wxdirect https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wxdirect
- wxcore https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wxcore
- wx https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wx
Henk-Jan van Tuyl
Folding at home
What if you could share your unused computer power to help find a cure? In
just 5 minutes you can join the world's biggest networked computer and get
us closer sooner. Watch the video.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe