[Haskell-cafe] PATCHES: language-c minor fixes

Ivan Zakharyaschev imz at altlinux.org
Fri Dec 25 16:38:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015, Ivan Zakharyaschev wrote:

> I've been interested in hacking language-c library a bit for my needs. (If it
> turns out useful and successful, I'll tell about it.)
>
> And I've cloned the repo listed at
> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/language-c-0.4.7 , namely:
> http://code.haskell.org/language-c
>
> Apart from my special hacks, I've also fixed some typos and so on.

I've pushed my minor fixes to the code of language-c to
http://hub.darcs.net/imz/language-c_fixes and
http://hub.darcs.net/imz/language-c_cleanup (which is a superset of the
former). And will push more if I have more minor fixes.

So, if someone is interested, please pull them.

As for the problems with the conversion from darcs-1 to darcs-2, they were
overcome with the help of darcs maintainers in the darcs-users mailing
list, and now I do the changes in the darcs-1 clone of the repo pointed at
by Hackage, covert to darcs-2 then, and push to hub.darcs.net.
(http://hub.darcs.net/imz/language-c_hackage holds the result of the
conversion of the upstream darcs-1 repo. visq's darcs-2 repo is 2 patches
behind.)

> But then I discovered that if I want to publish them on hub.darcs.net , I
> need a darcs-2 repo, and the initial one which I used for cloning is a
> darcs-1 repo.
>
> I could do the conversion to darcs-2, but I read that it is not reproducible:
> run several times on the same set of patches it will give different results.
>
> As I've discovered also a language-c repo at hub.darcs.net which looks like
> an upstream repo: http://hub.darcs.net/visq/language-c , I'm in doubt whether
> I should continue making my patches against the darcs-1 repo which is said to
> be upstream at hackage or against http://hub.darcs.net/visq/language-c
> whichis not officially declared as the upstream but looks more fresh.
>
> ..if I want to be able to send some of my patches upstream.

Best regards,
Ivan