[Haskell-cafe] Data.Map docs missing on hackage

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Tue Dec 22 11:55:18 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 12:01:34PM +0100, Imants Cekusins wrote:
> > That would be a bit risky
>
> frequent readers of Data.Map docs (like me) would most likely prefer
> out-of-date docs over blank page.
>
> It takes time and effort to make this change so I'll patiently wait
> for the new docs.

One thing that I found helpful is having /offline/ documentation!
Modify the appropriate line in ~/.cabal/config and then create
an alias

    alias ghdoc='lynx ~/.cabal/share/doc/i386-linux-ghc-7.10.2/index.html'

Voilà, no more missing-documentation blues (or offline blues). Hoogle
works offline too, I am pretty happy with the setup.