[Haskell-cafe] wondering on Haskell kickstarter project: VST plugin / mobile synthesizer

Anton Kholomiov anton.kholomiov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:03:23 UTC 2015

@Evan

Thanks for detailed and sincere reply. I can see your points.
That VST/mobiles market is very crowded business and it's really
hard to compete with super giants especially when you
don't provide any significant change or creative opportunity
in the app.

So I think this project is going to be more a prove of the
concept and example that it's really possible to create
real-time audio with Haskell and wrap it in non-Haskell UI.
Hope I would manage to do the mobile version of it too some days.
I would really like to add non equal temeprament scales, I feel
that it can make a difference to the mood of the music.

Maybe it's better to look in the direction of media installations.
The Python has many cool libraries for non-trivial user interaction
like computer vision. It would be great to stream this data
in Haskell generated synthesizer. Maybe something can be created in this
area.

Anton