[Haskell-cafe] Preventing sharing

David Turner dct25-561bs at mythic-beasts.com
Fri Dec 18 18:43:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

Well at least I hadn't overlooked something obvious!

Some combination of dummy arguments, NOINLINE and -fno-full-laziness did
indeed prevent it from sharing but this definitely seemed unsatisfactory.
Particularly that -fno-full-laziness applies to the whole module which
feels a bit heavyweight.

How feasible would it be to add another pragma like NOINLINE that prevented
exactly this? Is it actually important? This is a toy example of course and
I've not come across this kind of problem in any real code - has anyone
else?

Cheers,

David