[Haskell-cafe] wondering on Haskell kickstarter project: VST plugin / mobile synthesizer

Anton Kholomiov anton.kholomiov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 11:22:46 UTC 2015

I'm wondering if it's good idea to make crowd-founding project
for  a synthesizer written in Haskell. What's your opinion?
Would you like to support such a project?

I've made a prototype:

https://github.com/anton-k/tiny-synth

It's a desktop synthesizer, a collection of instruments. About 150
instruments
written in Haskell. It works with midi keyboard. You can try it out with
USB-midi device.

The UI is written with Python and audio engine is
written with Haskell. I use my library csound-expression to
generate the code for Csound. The Csound is an audio programming language
it can be used as C library.  There are bindings to many languages and it
can work on Android / iOS.

Right now I've made a prototype for desktop. The big plan is to
create VST/AU/Lv2 plugins and mobile versions for Android and iOS.

[1] https://github.com/anton-k/tiny-synth
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/csound-expression
[3] https://github.com/spell-music/csound-expression

Cheers,