[Haskell-cafe] Problem running the ping example from "Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell"

s nedunuri ss.nedunuri at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 00:12:30 UTC 2015

hello I am trying out the examples in Chapter 14 of the book, and was
able to install and build the parconc-examples package fine. However
when I try running the (very first example) ping program I get the
following error:

ping.exe: bind: failed (Cannot assign requested address (WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL))

It appears that the failure is in the main function:
     distribMain (\_ -> master) Main.__remoteTable

Any ideas?

thanks
PS I am running Haskell Platform 7.10.2-a on Windows 7