[Haskell-cafe] Reasoning about performance

Dimitri DeFigueiredo defigueiredo at ucdavis.edu
Sat Dec 5 01:01:17 UTC 2015

Indeed. I find laziness and the non-composable nature of space
complexity in Haskell to be a much harder beast to deal with than
immutability.

There is an *excellent* introduction to the basics of lazy evaluation in
Graham Hutton's book /Programming in Haskell/ (chapter 12), but I don't
know of any good references beyond that basic level. Let us know if you
find some!

Dimitri