[Haskell-cafe] Discussion: The CLOEXEC problem

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 14:18:24 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Niklas Hambüchen <mail at nh2.me> wrote:

> I would even be surprised if there is a single Haskell program out there
> that uses this; I know of one that uses file locking, bu that's using
> fnctl style locks.

Also note that many systems emulate flock() with fcntl() locks, so that
trick is nonportable anyway. (Linux used to do that, but stopped; unless
you're holding onto a system with a pre-2.0 kernel or a weird Linux
distribution whose glibc has been modified to do emulation, you should have
real flock().)