[Haskell-cafe] Stack transitive dependencies

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Aug 27 09:36:51 UTC 2015

Currently, stack doesn't do any importing of settings between stack.yaml
files, so the contents of bar's extra-deps are irrelevant. stack is just
looking at bar's cabal file, detecting that it needs another package as a
dependency, and suggesting you add it.

There are discussions on the issue tracker about allowing some kind of
include syntax, but it would still be a separate syntax to what we have
today, since they're different use cases.