[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] frpnow-0.12

Atze van der Ploeg atzeus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:50:53 UTC 2015

Hi Mike, cafe,

The implementation in the library is essentially the same as in the paper,
but B (E [a]) instead of B (E a) allows multiple simultaneous events,
whereas the implementation in the paper does not. The result is B (E [a]),
where the list is the list of all results in the event stream which occur
at that point. Like the implementation in the paper, the behavior switches
as soon as the next event occurs.

I'm a bit unclear on your question, neither implementation is recursive. If
you want to use event streams it's best not to look at their
implementation, which is tricky, but just use the combinators that are
available.
You can create a behavior that always give the integration of the values in
the eventstream as follows:

integrate :: EvStream (Double,Double) -> Double -> Behavior (Behavior
Double)
integrate stream startTime = foldEs update (0,startTime) stream where
  update (total, prevTime) (cur, curTime) = let diff = curTime - prevTime *
cur
                                                                    in
(total + diff, curTime)

Or use Control.FRPNow.Time.integrate :)

The result will give a Behavior (Behavior Double), because the result
depends on when we start integrating to prevent the space leak. Does that
answer your question?

Cheers,

Atze