[Haskell-cafe] A type level puzzle

Silvio Frischknecht silvio.frischi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 16:52:36 UTC 2015

> I would avoid it, Haskell's type system is not a nice programming
> language to work with

Do you know why this is so? And why dependent types are such a problem
in Haskell? I've been wondering this for a while.

Is it a GHC (System FC) problem or generally a Haskell problem? Or is it
just that nobody really knows how dependent types are supposed to work
anyway, so it's all a bit best effort? Or does it have something to do
with inferring types and choosing instances.

P.S. I'm more interested in practical problems or examples than a
mathematical proof of why one type system is incompatible with another.

Silvio