[Haskell-cafe] Library for overloaded indexing (a la (!))

William Yager will.yager at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 06:21:39 UTC 2015

That's completely different behavior than indexing, and introduces even
more syntactic noise if you just want to index.

If I mis-index a vector, I don't want it to fail silently with mempty; I
want it to fail loudly. What you've described (default value on
out-of-bounds access) is not correct for most use cases. Sometimes
exceptions are the right behavior.

--Will