[Haskell-cafe] Freeze/thaw fusion

Anthony Cowley acowley at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 4 16:22:07 UTC 2015

Back in 2010 I did some work to leverage freeze/thaw fusion in
computer vision pipelines for a project at work. The aim was to speed
up compositional style so that "foo . bar . baz" would be bracketed by
a single thaw/freeze rather than a bracket around each function. The
code lives on in my HOpenCV fork at
<https://github.com/acowley/HOpenCV>, with the ugly fusing rewrites
all here <https://github.com/acowley/HOpenCV/blob/master/src/OpenCV/Core/CVOp.hs>.

I briefly spoke about the way this works at the NYHUG a while back.
The relevant part of the video starts about 27 minutes in
<https://vimeo.com/77164337>.

Anthony