[Haskell-cafe] Type error depending on scope of pattern matching

htebalaka goodingm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 00:05:24 UTC 2015

Alright. The first two examples show the issue and a fix for it; the last two
have the same issue but existential quantification prevents the fix.

grad has type "(Num a, Traversable t) => (forall s. Reifies s Tape => t
(Reverse s a) -> Reverse s a) -> t a -> t a", and I'm basically trying to
supply a function to it, either by being polymorphic over all Num (of which
Reverse s a is an instance), or by providing the specific 'Reifies s Tape =>
...' type, neither of which are working.

amindfv wrote