[Haskell-cafe] Ord for partially ordered sets

Kostiantyn Rybnikov k-bx at k-bx.com
Mon Apr 27 08:30:32 UTC 2015

While this is a bit off-topic, I'd like to add my 5 cents that often adding
instances for common type-classes might be "bad" even when it's totally
defined for all values, one example is a Monoid instance for HashMap.

So, I'd say that if you might be in doubt -- it's better to not add
instance at all, since your users have no ability to remove it from their
projects (or redefine).
26 квіт. 2015 04:10 "wren romano" <winterkoninkje at gmail.com> пише: