[Haskell-cafe] Space leak with recursion

Martijn Rijkeboer haskell at bunix.org
Fri Apr 24 08:57:41 UTC 2015

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 10:41:30AM +0200, Martijn Rijkeboer wrote:
>> > I don't see where you are updating any state.
>>
>> The state contains a sequence number that needs to be incremented,
>> but I left that out for brevity...
>
> It's important to see that, because that kind of thing is exactly where
> space leaks can hide.

Sorry for the confusion. The version that has the space leak is the
version that I included with my initial mail and doesn't increment
the sequence number. Once thee space leak is fixed I will need to add
code to increment the sequence number (not yet implemented). I tried to
make a minimal version that reproduces the problem, but I need to be
able to update the state in the "real" version.

Kind regards,

Martijn Rijkeboer