[Haskell-cafe] [ANN]: the Helium compiler, version 1.8.1

Jurriaan Hage J.Hage at uu.nl
Thu Apr 23 07:50:27 UTC 2015

On 20Apr, 2015, at 12:26, Alberto G. Corona <agocorona at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great!

Hi Alberto,

> How the type rules detailed in the "scripting the type inference engine" paper are implemented?
Euh… I guess you have to consult the implementation of the compiler. Most of the code you need
to look at is in src/Helium/StaticAnalysis/Directives/
Essentially, we ``replace’’ the original constraints by the explicitly written down constraints. With these
constraints a function is associated that given the necessary context information can produce
the domain specific report. The replacement is performed by pattern matching on the AST.

>  it is possible to script the inference engine with such rules?
Sure
> If so, are there some examples?
Just run

  heliumpath

Then take the path that ends in

  lib/helium-1.8.1/share

add

  /lib

to the path, and then you can find in that directory files that have extension .type.
Those can serve as examples.

best,
Jur