[Haskell-cafe] Help wanted with Wiki.Haskell.Org

John MacFarlane jgm at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 21 22:56:43 UTC 2015

+++ Henk-Jan van Tuyl [Apr 22 15 00:32 ]:
>I just looked at the Lojban page; if you compare
>  https://wiki.haskell.org/Lojban
>with
>  http://haskellwiki.gitit.net/Lojban
>you can see that the gitit page needs a lot of manual labor to get it
>right.

Sure.  I didn't put enough time into it to get a perfect automated
translation. Part of the problem here is that pandoc's internal model of
tables contains neither colspans nor rowspans, nor borders, so lots of
information gets lost in translation in a table-heavy page like this.

The script could be improved to pass through some tables as raw
HTML.  And we might have better results doing it again with pandoc's
mediawiki reader (though we'd no doubt also find bugs in the reader
that could be fixed).