[Haskell-cafe] Coding katas/dojos and functional programming introduction

Ernesto Rodriguez neto at netowork.me
Fri Apr 17 07:47:50 UTC 2015

I agree with the approach. I have never done a intro to FP but I think
parser combinators couod be a good start. U begin by showing the high level
interface, I mean learning how to write simple parsers using for instance
Parsec is.easy and one immediately sees the elegance and simplicity that
approach has over say yacc. Then u guide them on implementimg a own basic
parser combinator library which in my opinion is not out of this world with
a good guideance. That way they see that such a powerful tool aint dark
magic with FP.

Anyways good luck with your workshop.

Cheers,

N.