[Haskell-cafe] Scala at position 25 of the Tiobe index, Haskell dropped below 50

Benjamin Edwards edwards.benj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 06:29:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 7:25 am Benjamin Edwards <edwards.benj at gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, that should read protocol agnostic!

 I have to concede the industry buzz is strong with Scala (currently Scala
is my job). The JVM does have a role to play, but mostly in the access it
gives you to the Java ecosystem. It's a shame because I'd much rather be
using haskell but when you have 10 employees and your business isn't making
the platform you can't afford to make the platform. We have nothing like
spark or finagle  ready to go as far as I am aware. Something finagle like
(metrics + pluggable load balancing + platform agnostic + autoscaling (via
zk / mdns)) would be huge. I am trying to find the time to hack on these
sorts of projects and failing.

Ben