[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: fast-tags 1.0

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:53:16 UTC 2015

fast-tags makes vi (and now emacs) tags from haskell source.  It does
so quickly and incrementally.  I have it bound to vim's BufWrite to
keep tags always updated, and it's basically instant.  It works with
hsc, literate haskell, and mid-edit files with syntax errors.

I've announced this before, but I'm doing it again because it's been a
long time and there was a major update.  I bumped to 1.0 to reflect
that it's not dead, it just does everything I need it to do, so
further development is unlikely unless someone finds a bug.  That's
just for me of course, if someone else wants to add features they are
welcome to do so.

The major update was almost entirely thanks to Sergey Vinokurov and a
few others who contributed a bunch of patches.

Details and changelog are at http://hackage.haskell.org/package/fast-tags-1.0

Source is at https://github.com/elaforge/fast-tags