[Haskell-cafe] ANN: exact-pi 0.1

Douglas McClean douglas.mcclean at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:36:07 UTC 2015

I'm announcing the release of the new exact-pi package.

It provides a type that exactly represents all rational multiples of
integer powers of pi. Because it's closed under multiplication and taking
of reciprocals, it's useful for computing exact conversion factors between
physical units. In order to provide full Num and Floating instances there
is also a representation for approximate values.

I'm not sure if this will be of use to anyone else, but it is nice and
self-contained so I thought I would put it out there.

-Doug McClean