[Haskell-cafe] the complex package is hidden

briand at aracnet.com briand at aracnet.com
Sun Sep 28 20:38:55 UTC 2014

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:58:42 +0100
Tom Ellis <tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2013 at jaguarpaw.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 12:55:53PM -0700, briand at aracnet.com wrote:
> > surprisingly i can't seem to google an answer to this:
> >
> >     Could not find module `Complex'
> >     It is a member of the hidden package `haskell98-2.0.0.2'.
> >     Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
>
> I believe `Complex` was renamed `Data.Complex`.

aha. i thought it was something like that.

But there's a bit of a weirdness.

Prelude> import Data.Complex
Prelude Data.Complex> :browse
data Complex a = !a :+ !a
cis :: RealFloat a => a -> Complex a
conjugate :: RealFloat a => Complex a -> Complex a
imagPart :: RealFloat a => Complex a -> a
magnitude :: RealFloat a => Complex a -> a
mkPolar :: RealFloat a => a -> a -> Complex a
phase :: RealFloat a => Complex a -> a
polar :: RealFloat a => Complex a -> (a, a)
realPart :: RealFloat a => Complex a -> a
Prelude Data.Complex>

So that works, but

import Data.Complex

in my code does _not_ work.