[Haskell-cafe] Cabal Testing Pain

Bram Neijt bneijt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 15:45:42 UTC 2014

I have head the same experience. Splitting the main code into a
library seems like a good thing to do. For example, my main executable
depends on the options package for option parsing, while the rest of
the code (library part) does not. So I'm now in favour of splitting
the code up.

However having to expose every source file you use seems stupid to me
as well. There is talk on the internet[2] saying that cabal init could
find the listing (which would allow for a scripted update of the list)
but when I use it on my source[1] it finds to many modules (rm
after.cabal; cabal init -n --is-library --source-dir=src/lib)

If you find a solution to that problem please consider mailing me
directly because I have been looking for this.

Greetings,

Bram

[1] https://github.com/bneijt/after
[2] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18084265/cabal-expose-all-modules-while-building-library