[Haskell-cafe] Deploying bash completion with cabal?

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 12:11:52 UTC 2014

That sounds like a solution that would work. An alternative is to use
the hooks available in cabal to install the completion file
immediately on 'cabal install'. See the cabal docs [1] for more
details. The downside is that you don't have a way to specify
dependencies for your Setup.hs [2], so the hooks have to be pretty
simple (you can basically only use base and ghc's bootlibs reliably).

Regards,

Erik

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Cabal-1.20.0.2/docs/Distribution-Simple.html
[2] https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/948