[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Declarative Game Programming & haskanoid (FRP, SDL, Android)

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 07:24:56 UTC 2014

Hi Café

A few weeks ago Henrik Nilsson gave a tutorial at PPDP 14 on Declarative
Game Programming, demoing an SDL game using the FRP implementation Yampa.

Additional material has been made available now:
* Announcement and slides:
  http://fplab.bitbucket.org/posts/2014-09-23-declarative-game-programm.html
* Game:
  http://github.com/ivanperez-keera/haskanoid

The game includes wiimote support, SDL graphics and sound. We have other
versions working with a kinect, if anyone is particularly interested. This
is, IMHO, very fun to play, since you have to actually run around the room.

Also, Keera Studios (my company) is working on an Android version of the
game and a video of an early demo running on a Galaxy Tab is available (
http://keera.co.uk/blog/2014/09/24/game-programming-videos-code/
<http://keera.co.uk/blog/?p=690&preview=true>). Our internal, latest
version runs now much faster than the ones in either video (new videos will
be released soon).

I hope we can soon give you a great excuse to be playing games at the
office ;)

All the best

Ivan