[Haskell-cafe] DSL implementation

Dr Christopher Anand anandc at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 18 13:18:10 UTC 2014

Hi Felipe,

We performed an (unplanned) experiment relevant to your case.  We developed a DSL in Haskell and a library of math functions while IBM was doing the same thing in C.

http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/TC.2008.223

The C library was 4X slower, and less accurate.

More recently we have wrapped-up a prototype for type-safe physical models and there is a preprint and three example implementations which might be of help in constructing your own.

http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~anand/papers/preprints.html

Good luck explaining why Haskell is so good for DSLs.  You might find

http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2011/7/109910-dsl-for-the-uninitiated/fulltext

helpful.

Christopher