[Haskell-cafe] Hackage package "synopsis" sections

Dario Bertini berdario at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:20:38 UTC 2014

I have a Python background, and this proposal reminded me of pbr, a
tool that I happened to enjoy in the last year:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/pbr/

pasted here are its features:

Version: Manage version number based on git revisions and tags
AUTHORS: Generate AUTHORS file from git log
ChangeLog: Generate ChangeLog from git log
Sphinx Autodoc: Generate autodoc stub files for your whole module
Requirements: Store your dependencies in a pip requirements file
long_description: Use your README file as a long_description
Smart find_packages: Smartly find packages under your root package

the dependencies are probably already handled sufficiently by cabal
alone, but it might be interesting to handle all these things
together. (I'm not big on depending on git, but pragmatically support
for other vcs might be added if there's demand and contributions for
it)