[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] accelerate-0.15

Alp Mestanogullari alpmestan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:10:08 UTC 2014

Hey Trevor,

Congrats for the new release. Tried to get back to my CUBLAS binding work
recently, but it was a bit hard as the accelerate repos were transitionning
to getting ready for 0.15.

Just a quick question: is there any plan to make what's in
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~tmcdonell/papers/acc-multidev-icfp2014-sub.pdf
land in accelerate any time soon?

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Trevor L. McDonell <
tmcdonell at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> Friends,
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of the Accelerate 0.15 family of
> packages.
>
> Accelerate defines an embedded language of array computations for high
> performance computing in Haskell. Computations on multi-dimensional,
> regular arrays are expressed in the form of parameterised collective
> operations, such as maps, reductions, and permutations. These computations
> may then be online compiled and executed on a range of architectures, such
> as GPUs.
>
> This release brings mainly bug fixes and performance improvements.
>

> The following packages are available on Hackage:
>
> accelerate <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate> The language
> definition and reference implementation
> accelerate-cuda <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate-cuda> A
> high performance parallel backend targeting NVIDIA GPUs
> accelerate-io <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate-io> Fast
> conversion between Accelerate arrays and other formats, including ‘vector’
> and ‘repa’.
> accelerate-fft <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate-fft> Discrete
> Fourier transforms, backed by CUFFT where available
> accelerate-examples
> <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate-examples> Computational
> kernels and applications showcasing Accelerate
>

> The code can be found on GitHub, where you can also submit issues:
>
> https://github.com/AccelerateHS
> https://github.com/AccelerateHS/accelerate/issues
>
> Finally, there is also a mailing list that can be used for both use and
> development discussions:
>
> accelerate-haskell at googlegroups.com
> http://groups.google.com/group/accelerate-haskell
>

> -The Accelerate Team