[Haskell-cafe] Control.Monad.Error deprecated?

suhorng Y suhorng at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 04:08:07 UTC 2014

That's probably because Control.Monad.Trans.Error is deprecated since
transformers-0.4 [1] [2]. Indeed, the `Error` class does not exist anymore.
For `ExceptT`, we don't need to deal with `Error` anymore and there is no
restriction on the error type.

>From the change log of mtl-2.2.1:
- Fix deprecation warnings caused by transformers 0.4 deprecating `ErrorT`

https://github.com/ekmett/mtl/blob/master/CHANGELOG.markdown

[1]
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/transformers-0.4.1.0/docs/Control-Monad-Trans-Error.html
[2]