[Haskell-cafe] HaLVM Talk in NYC on Monday

Adam Wick awick at galois.com
Thu Sep 11 04:52:29 UTC 2014

Howdy -

For those of you in the New York City area, I’ll be giving a talk this coming Monday, the 15th, on Galois’s use of the HaLVM — the Haskell Lightweight Virtual Machine — over the last many years. The talk ("Unikernels: Who, What, Where, When, Why") will be part of the Xen User Summit at the Lighthouse Executive Conference Center:

  http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-user-summit/program/schedule

I believe you can get 50% off using the offer code “XenUser50off”.

The talk will mostly about the general concept of unikernels like the HaLVM, and how we’ve used them well (and poorly!) on various projects, and so will be light on technical details. But if you’d like to chat with me about any aspect of the HaLVM, stop on by, and we can talk functional languages at a system’s conference. It’ll be great.

- Adam