[Haskell-cafe] LinkedIn job ad link for openings for several enthusiastic great Haskell developers (geoloc. globally) at Swedish spin-off Functor Group with subsidiaries + three Scala developer (geoloc. Sweden) with spear-edge / very strong qualifications and high-end industry salary for Functor Consulting AB

Johan Glimming j at functorgroup.com
Wed Sep 10 12:22:35 UTC 2014

Dear Haskell developers, type theory developers, Agda/Epigram/Idris/Coq developers/enthusiasts abound in this community,

We are searching the planet for great Haskell and Scala programmers right now for a really interesting spin-off now growing and flourishing after 2.5 years since it was founded.

If you are a functional programmer this might be the most exciting job around with e.g. a very exciting customer "as close as a space station as you can get", and industrially entirely unique heavily research-based technology that we have developed now for several years.

  »  https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/19207355

You would help us develop our products further, the new constructive programming paradigm based on type theory carrying languages including domain-specific languages as never done before in the software industry …  ( And yes, we are entirely based on (Martin-Löf) type theory, that's what we are all about. And we use Haskell for our development internally almost entirely, with some Ocaml etc on top ... )

We look for three experienced Scala developers (for being based in Sweden, Stockholm-area) at Functor Group AB, Functor AB and Functor Consulting AB.  These developers are recruited into Functor Consulting AB which is to become the spear-edge partner to Typesafe in Scandinavia, specifically Sweden, while interacting with our other two teams at Functor AB to a certain extent, focusing on DSL development, DDD and more. We bring type theory to the industry in the new constructive programming paradigm and with a new static analysis technique combined with testing and dependent types, all based on the same core technology …

The three Scala developers, for extreme FP consultancy, are offered very competitive Swedish salary, plus added potential for also other benefits via Functor Group AB and the product company Functor AB.

Experience from Scala development and documented skills with Scala and related technologies (such as Java) is must be considerable to be considered for these three positions. If you are not based in Sweden, we would assist as much as possible in moving to Stockholm/Uppsala, Sweden, where these three Scala spear-edge developers will be based, with a consultancy manager of considerable experience handling administration and co-ordination in what we expect to be an otherwise quite self-organised business targeting the hardest and most challenging projects at any given time.

You can apply on LinkedIn — or, if you prefer, email your resumé, references, credentials, and cover letter to jobs at functorgroup.com.

  » https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/19207355.

Best wishes,
Johan Glimming