[Haskell-cafe] LFM for Haskell bittorrent effort

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 11:49:09 UTC 2014

On 08/31/2014 09:04 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For this or another reason, no bittorrent libraries/clients available
> today seem to suit my needs: they are either too slow, too memory
> inefficient, bundled with a client which often can't run in a headless
> environment or broken in some other way or don't implement all the
> common BEPs. I came to the conclusion that I'll probably have to write
> one. Happily, whenever I mentioned the topic in #haskell, there was
> quite a bit of interest each time so I'm looking to recruit people to
> join me in this effort.
>
> [snip]

I had a few replies already which is great news for me. If you're
interested in contributing then send me your GitHub username (or SSH key
if you don't like GitHub) and I'll create an organisation later.

There is a #haskell-bittorrent channel that was previously used for the
‘bittorrent’ library which I think we can use, if you use IRC of course.

--
Mateusz K.