[Haskell-cafe] Hackage inconsistent? (pandoc.cabal in 1.13.1)

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:31:12 UTC 2014

> I don't think you should bump the minor version (as in the fourth
> version field) as it doesn't affect any actual changes that may have
> taken place in SCM, etc. [...]

Fiddling around with anything which affects compilation in which the
package in question involved *must* be reflected somehow in the
version number, otherwise we could just live without any versions at
all. If we agree that automatic version bumps are not what we want, we
should disable editing the .cabal file on Hackage completely. As it
is, people with identical output of "ghc-pkg list" could have
completely different experiences when they try to compile the same
thing, which is horrible.