[Haskell-cafe] Getting the haddocks back (was: documentation build failing in hackage?)

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 11:50:37 UTC 2014

> I spoke with the person owning the doc builder, and seems like the it was a
> problem with how the doc builder would order its work.  It was getting stuck
> trying to build docs for very old packages instead of newest first.  So
> that's getting fixed this week.
>
> What textual warning are you looking for?

Exactly the stuff you wrote in this email should be in big fat letters
on the front page (and probably even on each page header) of Hackage.
As I said, it's totally fine that things take some time (it's an open
source effort relying on volunteers after all), but it's crucial that
the current state of a central piece of the Haskell ecosystem is very
visible.

Regarding status.haskell.org: This is too indirect for this purpose
IMHO. As somebody who is not closely following each and every email on
the various Haskell mailing lists, how should you find out that this
site even exists? It's not linked from Hackage AFAICT.