[Haskell-cafe] Getting the haddocks back (was: documentation build failing in hackage?)

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 16:56:58 UTC 2014

Currently doc building on Hackage seems to be broken again: Three tiny
packages (StateVar, ObjectName, Tensor) I've uploaded more than 2 days
ago are still without documentation. I think there is a way to upload
this manually, but I don't think that's a good idea, because there's
no guarantee that the documentation and the package are in sync.
Furthermore, I can't even find a description on hackage.haskell.org
how to do that (if I wanted to).

I'm well aware that most of the Haskell infrastructure depends on
volunteers, so things can't be perfect and there are no SLAs etc. What
I'm only complaining about is that it's totally unclear what's going
on and what the current status is: Is documentation building totally
broken at the moment? If yes, when will it be available again? Are
there any kind of logs I can see? Are my packages in some hidden
documentation builder queue? If yes, knowing its position and/or ETA
might be nice. The building doesn't have to be lightning fast, but
having some kind of progress indicator would really be nice. Without
any visible documentation basically all packages are useless because
one can't really know what what they contain, a synopsis is not enough
most of the time.