[Haskell-cafe] Precise timing

Rohan Drape rohan.drape at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 01:29:30 UTC 2014

> (Eventually I intend to replace the printf statement with OSC output to a sound generator.)

OSC packets can have NTP timestamps.

So one approach is to forward timestamp outgoing packets by a small constant amount.

Enough so that the synthesiser still receives the most delayed packets before they're due.

Then the synthesiser schedules the messages accurately.

This can solve the concurrency issue as well.

If you need highly accurate scheduling in the language perhaps consider SuperCollider?

http://audiosynth.com/

Best,
Rohan