[Haskell-cafe] beginnners book

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Oct 17 19:28:05 UTC 2014

Since we've already pointed out some non-books, I'll point you at:
https://www.fpcomplete.com/school/starting-with-haskell

That includes three intro books: a course textbook from a Yale CS intro to
Haskell, an online book intended for experienced programmers, and a book
written specifically for the School of Haskell. Being on the SoH gives you
two advantages: 1) exercises are presented as active code snippets that you
can edit and run in your browser, which means 2) you don't have to figure
out how to get a Haskell environment set up on your system.

Full disclosure: I've done contract work for FP Complete, including
participation in selecting what material wound up in the "Starting with
Haskell" folder.