[Haskell-cafe] Hiding platform packages in Cabal sandboxes

Travis Cardwell travis.cardwell at extellisys.com
Wed Oct 15 23:40:21 UTC 2014

On 2014年10月15日 22:07, Sven Panne wrote:
> As a maintainer of the various OpenGL-related packages I have the
> following problem: The Haskell platform has those packages (OpenGLRaw,
> GLURaw, ...) exposed, which is the right thing to do in general. When
> I want to work on those packages, I'd like to use Cabal sandboxes to
> avoid screwing up the platform versions of them, but things get a bit
> tricky then.

Though it is not a general solution, have you tried developing in a
"minimal Haskell installation" (just GHC, Cabal, and packages required by
those)?  The OpenGL-related packages would not be already installed in
that case, so you would not need to worry about hiding them.  You could
then test against Haskell Platform separately.

Travis