[Haskell-cafe] foreign libraries, dylibs, OS X Mavericks and GHC 7.8.3 woes

Alfredo Di Napoli alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 06:19:09 UTC 2014

Hi Sean,

I suspected sandboxing was involved!
Thanks for the pointer :)

Alfredo

On Tuesday, 14 October 2014, Sean Leather <sean.leather at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alfredo,
>>
>> I will let this gist talk for me:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/adinapoli/d4c33a9d1ea85bcaebdf
>>
>> 1) Shed some light on my specific use case: Can I do better here? (aka
have GHC figure out automatically all the nitty gritty details)

> You're installing into a cabal sandbox and compiling directly with ghc
(not cabal), but ghc doesn't know anything about the sandbox. You need to
point it to the package database with -package-db and tell it the package
for linking with -package [2].
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/packages.html#package-databases
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/options-phases.html#options-linker