[Haskell-cafe] ANN: yi-0.10.0 , the text editor written in Haskell
fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 18:05:33 UTC 2014
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
We're glad to announce Yi 0.10.0. Yi is 10 years old today!
Our main repository is at . Yi compiles with GHC 7.6.3 all the way
up to GHC 7.8.3.
There have been many changes since the latest Hackage release (0.8.2).
I inline the relevant part of the changelog at the bottom.
We are slowly trying to populate the documentation pages: we have
recently started using GitHub pages for this purpose. Please have a
On top of the issues listed in the changelog, a lot of issues were
closed separately. If you had a pending issue, please check the issue
As always we're looking for contributors: we have tasks in just about
any area. Note that you don't even need to know Haskell to help us.
Visit us on #yi on Freenode: be prepared to stay for more than 5
Installation instructions are available at . If you're using nix,
Yi 0.10.0 will be packaged shortly.
* Unicode syntax highlighting fixed (issue #82)
* Hook to GTK Window exposed (#557)
* Multiple components moved out to separate packages (oo-prototypes,
word-trie, yi-languages, yi-string)
* Replace a lot of the API to use YiString/Text instead of String
* Greatly improve performance in the pango front-end as long as
line-wrapping is on (default)
* Recognise read-only files (#145)
* Various Vim keymap improvements and fixes
* Use lens instead of uniplate, replace some boilerplate with lens
* Improve test framework to handle windows interactions, e.g. scrolling.
* Use GHC.Generics instead of derive on GHC 7.8
* Remove bitrotten ghcapi and scion flags.
* Support non-qwerty vim users
* Support eventlog profiling with -feventlog
* Eliminate idle CPU consumption in vty frontend
* General cleanup
* Make C-w closer to actual emacs behaviour (#612)
* Make M-h behave more like emacs (#611)
* Hint with buffer names when using C-k with emacs keymap (#606)
* Fix display of paths starting with / (#528)
* Don't mark buffer as changed if nothing was killed (#618)
* Nicer findFile &c behaviour in dired buffers (#149)
* Implement C-a for CUA (#167)
* Fix dired for directories with unicode files/dirs (#445)
* Fix vim indenting under some circumstances (#621)
* Allow the font size to be changed per buffer (#608)
* Double-click and triple-click selection in pango (#100 and #101)
* Count columns properly in presence of tabs (#440)
* Extra marking operations in dired
Alan Zimmerman, Anders Papitto, Anthony Quizon, Ben Armston, Benno
Carter Charbonneau, Corey O'Connor, Cray Elliott, Dmitry Ivanov,
Ilya Smelkov, Jakub Arnold, Jared Hance, jetho, Mateusz Kowalczyk,
Richard Goulter, Ryan Desfosses, Siddhanathan Shanmugam
* Vim keymap removed. Vim2 is now called Vim.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Haskell-Cafe