[Haskell-cafe] foreign libraries, dylibs, OS X Mavericks and GHC 7.8.3 woes

Alfredo Di Napoli alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 10:41:50 UTC 2014

Hello Cafe,

I will let this gist talk for me:

https://gist.github.com/adinapoli/d4c33a9d1ea85bcaebdf

Even though there is a solution, it seems extremely unsatisfying having to
specify such paths manually.
I always had very good experiences with FFI, OS X and GHC in the past, so
this strikes me as a surprise.
I have read a bit here and there about GHC 7.8.3 introducing the -dynamic
flag (not sure about the specific problem it aims to solve, though) and
changing some internal when it
comes to library linking, but information is scattered and fragmented.
I would like to:

1) Shed some light on my specific use case: Can I do better here? (aka have
GHC figure out automatically all the nitty gritty details)
2) Any sort of pointers to documentation, tutorials, papers, everything to
"teach me to fish”?

Many thanks,
Alfredo