[Haskell-cafe] Getting the haddocks back (was: documentation build failing in hackage?)

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 15:25:23 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 4:50 AM, Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk>
wrote:

> The biggest problem is that there is no official statement as to why the
> builds stopped and an estimate of when they are coming back.

I agree!

My understanding (which is at /least/ 2nd or 3rd hand) is that the doc
builds were turned off intentionally because it was a security issue, and
that they are unlikely to come back.

Now, assuming that is the case, how can we solve the "there is no
documentation" issue?  Some ideas to kick-start discussion:

 - Provide an option to include haddocks in the sdist bundle, and extract
them on Hackage for display.
 - Add a 'cabal uploadHaddock'
 - Run all haddock builds in a VM/docker container / etc.. that mitigates
the security concerns.
 - ???

--Rogan