[Haskell-cafe] cabal sandbox using absolute path on symlinked dir

Andras Slemmer 0slemi0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 23:38:42 UTC 2014

Cabal sandboxes as it stands right now are not portable at all, global
paths are only the beginning. For example you cannot use a sandbox created
on another machine by default, unless you have *exactly* the same
environment (e.g. use the same build of the Haskell Platform).

I wrote a small tool called SandFix that we use internally at my workplace
that fixes global paths and tries to fix all package dependencies as well
so you can reuse a sandbox created on another machine. I uploaded it now to
github: https://github.com/exFalso/sandfix. It works quite well for us.
Note that it assumes a ghc environment.