[Haskell-cafe] Need help testing hGetContents modification

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 07:43:18 UTC 2014

I uploaded a change to hGetContents as D327 on Phabricator to address TRAC
#9236. In particular, this generates an error when attempting to read from
a closed handle instead of silently returning an empty string. I would love
to get some help testing this against code that uses lazy I/O heavily,
*especially* with pipes, sockets, and other such weirdness, if such things
exist in the wild. I don't usually read haskell-cafe, so please send

Thanks a lot,
David Feuer