[Haskell-cafe] Looking for a Google Hangouts tutor/advisor on Haskell

Steven Arnold thoth_amon at mac.com
Thu Oct 9 03:01:42 UTC 2014

I am looking for a Haskell developer who can review my code, suggest improvements, and generally help me become a better Haskell programmer more quickly.  As such, you should be very proficient with Haskell yourself.  Maybe you do Haskell work professionally; maybe you have contributed to a couple open-source projects, maybe you're a well-known Haskell blogger, writer or teacher.

I am a beginner, although I have been programming professionally for many years.  I do have a basic foundation in functional programming languages, including Haskell, but most of my background is with dynamic languages like Ruby and Python.

I'm thinking we would meet once a week on a Google Hangout (or other technology) for an hour or so and I'd show you my code and have you review it.  (Take it away and mark it up if you want.)  I'd ask questions and we can discuss them.  You can tell me about anything you think I might need to know to be more effective.

I might also email questions to you or ask for more time than described above.  You would help me as your schedule allows.  (I understand you no doubt have a day job.)

I am willing to pay for your time.  Please let me know your hourly rate.  I can compensate you with Paypal, a check....whatever works.

Please feel free to contact me off-list if you're interested in helping.  Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best Regards,
steven