[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hxt-css 0.1.0.0, a CSS selector engine for HXT

Marios Titas redneb8888 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 18:52:35 UTC 2014

I wrote this a few years ago as part of bigger project. After
examining HandsomeSoup, I found that it produces incorrect results in
many cases (e.g. the > relation or the :first-child pseudo class do
not work correctly, or sometimes it returns non element nodes which is
not allowed by the css spec), it supports a more limited subset of CSS
(than hxt-css) and has unrelated dependencies (such as HTTP). Since I
had already written this code, I decided to release it as a stand
alone package even though there was a similar package in hackage
already.

- Marios