[Haskell-cafe] suggestions about a library for numerical calculation

Tom Nielsen tanielsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:05:52 UTC 2014

I'd say we're lacking in the optimization and classification department.
While there are libraries for this, they are mostly bindings to C libraries
which makes it more difficult to get information out of the algorithm. We
have implemented BFGS and Nelder-mead here:
https://github.com/glutamate/probably-baysig/tree/master/src/Math/Probably
but that isn't officially open sourced (and lacking L-BFGS).

We're also a lot of image processing now, and native Haskell
implementations of SIFT and Gaussian mixture model fitting would be
extremely useful.

Tom