[Haskell-cafe] Generating valid html

Wojtek Narczyński wojtek at power.com.pl
Thu Nov 20 17:48:03 UTC 2014

On 20.11.2014 16:58, Jon Fairbairn wrote:
> Using the WASH preprocessor, or the straight Haskell Monad syntax?

I meant the plain haskell one, not the preprocessor (would probably be
quotations these days). But I've had anotehr look, maybe it's just the
way you use it with +++ between lines.

>   The reason that I don’t have a Monad is that HTML with
> its nesting restrictions isn’t a Monad, and I couldn’t find
> Monads for Flow, Inline or Block either. Perhaps one could have
> separate Monads for Inline that has <a> in it and Inline that
> doesn’t and so on, but that would give too many Monads to be
> usable.

WASH is not monadic, and I don't think it can be made monadic, no way to
restrict the initial FSM state (return), nor possible transitions
(bind). By the way, can a type class be parametrized by a type class?

--
Wojtek